Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BeadTonic Eyeglass Cases & Chains

Here are the first two eyeglass case & chain sets. I have been planning them for several months. Eventhough I love to I had to force myself to set up my sewing machine and sew.

I used one of my cases as a pattern and cut out one piece of fabric and folded in half. I sewed on the fabric trim before I assembled the cases, topstitching with a zigzag stitch.

The green case was cut from a fabric scrap that had a finished side so I saved time by using this for the top edge. I used a strip of fuchsia ribbon to make a fold over binding for the top edge of the pink case. This was my first time doing this and I was pleased with the result.

I used lightweight craft batting for the lining. It was easy to glue it along the top of the fabric piece (about 1/4" from the top) with fabric glue and fold it down. I then folded the sandwiched pieces in half, inside out and stitched together the side and bottom.
I turned them inside out and sewed on seed beads trim. I glued and then tacked down with thread the buttom trim on the pink one.
I designed and strung the bead chains. I have two more finished cases to design chains for.

2 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I've been meaning to make some eye glass cases.

Yours are lovely!

Thanks for Praying!!!

God Bless You and Yours
and Your Creative Life
and Health!!!

J C said...

Fabulous idea! I love them! Hope you sell lots and lots. xoxoxo