Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Turquoise Vintage Box

One of my favorite reference books is Vintage PaperCrafts and this is my first vintage-type project. It was a small square box which held a jar of some cosmetic product. I love these type boxes because they are so easy to decorate.


I first decided on my color scheme and collected various embellishments. I painted it turquoise and adhered the decorative paper. I always cover the inside of my boxes with paper or cardstock. For this one I used a split-complimentary color of red-orange. There is decorative paper on the bottom as well.


Next came stamping, transfers, baby's breath and other pressed botanicals, sequins, buttons, beads and tulle.


It's a palm-sized box, which are my favorite
types to work with.



1 comment:

Sonya said...

Oooh I really like this!! what do you do with everything you make? do you swap it,sell it,keep it?