Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Upholstery Lesson From A Skilled Crafter

If you've ever wanted a quick, easy upholstery lesson, here's one by Debbie.  She shows how she skillfully re-upholstered a couch with a yellow and blue, floral and striped pattern.  Upholstery is a dying craft with next to no classes available in the U.S.  You are doing good if you find a sole-proprietor who is willing to pass on the craft to you.

Re-upholstered couch by Debbie Bolocofsky
So far I've done 4 dining room chairs for a client, and was thrilled with the result.  I plan to re-upholster more small, salvaged items, for myself and to sell locally.  I learned a lot and feel more confident by just reviewing Debbie's images and reading her short descriptions.

Read her tutorial here and advance your re-upholstery plans: Adorned from Above: Couch Re Upholstery Reveal.












4 comments:

Teresa Rusk said...

Fantastic! My Dad was an upholsterer by trade. I did manage to learn some things from him. I've never tackled anything like a sofa though! Just my dining room chairs! Thanks for sharing this!

judie said...

Sandi, you always have amazing things to share. I have done a couple of chair seats on vanity chairs, but never anything so big as a sofa. Hard work I imagine.

Sandi Holland said...

You're welcome, Teresa. I'm excited about upholstery, especially re-upholstering salvaged pieces.

Sandi Holland said...

Well Debbie makes it seem quick and easy, lol! Chair seats, benches, stools and other small accents are more my speed too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...