Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Edward Has Always Been My Favorite Mixed Media Piece

Mixed Media Wall Art

This is my first mixed media wall art that features a man. His name is Edward and he wants to speak about men's feelings, which do exist despite what we think.

I wanted to show a positive attitude about men, both to encourage them and to help with our own attitudes as women. Men are very special. Often they don't know this, and they have challenges sharing how they feel. They are stressed and they are burdened, and they need us to believe in them.

I started with a drawing that I did.  I enlarged it to the size I needed, printed and cut it out. I also chose to cut out various pieces of his face here and there, so that pieces of decorative paper would show through. This was a new technique for me and I was very excited and pleased with how it developed. 



I used a recycled black, nylon-coated wire from a spiral binder for the hanger.
I also edged the collage in black acrylic that I dry-brushed on. 
Mixed Media Wall Art -detail- with metal rimmed tag, beads.
Salvaged items used in mixed media wall art.
  
Key used in mixed media art.


Salvaged spiral-wire hanger on mixed media wall art.

I hope you enjoy him as much as I do.  One day I'll sell him...

6 comments:

  1. I really like this piece a lot!!

    Thanks for sharing the steps on how you did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward is wonderful, Sandi. There are a lot of men who love and adore art, and more should be geared toward them. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an awful lot of stuff geared towards the female, maybe because men don't care for as much variety as women. When I create my artwork or crafted items, I am always thinking of a theme, motif or color scheme that may appeal to men.

      So glad to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. Awesome looking work...such a lot details in it...it's a fresh perspective and I am sure the right buyer will come looking for it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Zafaran. The buyer can look for him WHEN I put him up for sale, lol!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your precious time and commenting. We all encourage and inspire each other. If I have word verification on, I'm sorry. Spammers make it hard for everyone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...